Lorna Vanderhaege Beauty Smart with Collagen
Women's Whey with CollagenWhat to expect from this product:
- Reduces the depth of deep wrinkles
- Enhances collagen
- Increases skin moisture
- Contains hormone and gluten-free whey protein isolate
Over one-quarter of all the protein in the body is made up of collagen. Collagen is the protein that makes your bones, nails, teeth and hair strong. Collagen is also the main structural component of skin. Starting in our early 20s, however, collagen production declines by about one percent a year. Women in menopause are especially susceptible to collagen decline. Women lose as much as 30 percent of their skin collagen in the five years following menopause. And as if that is not bad enough, skin elasticity declines 0.55 percent per year after menopause. The effects of slowed collagen production are visibly obvious when skin loses its structure, sags and wrinkles.
PROTEIN POWER PROTECTION
Our body requires protein to rebuild, repair and regenerate the body’s tissues. Of the 20 amino acids necessary to support protein production, 12 are made by the liver and the remaining eight must be obtained from our food and that’s why they are called essential amino acids. The richest source of these amino acids is whey protein. Many health conditions are related to inadequate protein consumption in the diet especially:
- Fragile, soft nails
- Thinning hair
- Wrinkled skin
- A weak immune system
- Lack of muscle tone i.e., sagging chin
Protein should make up 30 percent of your diet. Women rarely get enough protein in their diet due to their food choices or calorie restrictive diets.
HORMONE-FREE WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
Whey protein contains alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptides, lactoferrin, tryptophan and glutathione precursors. Each component in whey protein has a unique action and when combined have powerful healing capabilities.
Ingredients in whey protein include:
- Alpha-lactalbumin enhances immune function and reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Tryptophan is used by the brain to manufacture serotonin an important neurotransmitter that reduces depression, anxiety, moodiness and insomnia.
- Glutathione is the most powerful detoxifier in the body. Glutathione keeps our immune system strong helping to prevent viral infections and protects us against free radicals.
- Glycomacropeptides stimulate the hormone cholecystokinin (CCK) responsible for the release of enzymes from the pancreas, and the contraction of the gallbladder and the bowels. CCK is responsible for telling us we are satisfied and no longer require more food which helps to control appetite.
- Lactoferrin, an antioxidant, is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial agent shown to inhibit the growth of E.coli, salmonella and candida in the gut. It also helps to ensure the optimal use of iron in the body by binding to iron and preventing oxidation.